Wednesday, February 24, 2016

The Possibility Of Now

     The book that I am currently reading now is " The Possibility Of Now"  by Kim Culbertson. The main character Mara is dealing with a self to self conflict. In the book she has a panic attack while she was at school. In the book it doesn't really specify exactly why, all it said was that she had a panic attack and shredded her test into a bunch of pieces. I think that she is dealing with a lot of self to self conflict because Mara is way to overwhelming with herself. She tries to fix things that are just way out of her hands. In the book it says, " it's the bigger stuff. The world is so terrible right now. War, poverty, global warming ... the Internet ... all of it. My chest tightness. It's too much. And then I was sitting there and ... school seemed so small and - I mime ripping up test." This quote from the book explains how she worries about many things that she can't really control. When she thinks about this she extends to start panicking. I can totally connect with Mara because I myself have some anxiety issues I intend to worry about way to many things I start to feel upset. Sometimes I have panic attacks other I just start to cry. I also feel like when I am suppose to do something and I just can't I feel like I have just let everyone down and that I'm such a failure and just start to cry. I can totally understand how Mara feels an I can't wait to finish the book to see how she solves this and maybe help me to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment